Monday, August 24, 2009

Mochi

Mochi is too hard to make at home...from what I've heard/read , Grainaissance makes a great product though. It is a block of organic brown rice, with a little water added, pounded to smithereens and shaped into a block.Mochi comes plain or in flavors, like brownie and cinnamon raisen and other flavors. It is "magic" in the oven.
Like a strange and wonderful "chemistry" experiment. When sliced in blocks/squares and baked at a high temperature(450F) it puffs up like pastry dough.

You can find Mochi at you local health food store or at WholeFoods stores.

I will add some of my favorite recipes/uses for Mochi soon. I make flavored croutons for salad/soup, pizza, rice chips snack, you can use it on top of a casserole for extra crunch, I use it as a replacement for a bagel in the AM for breakfast.

Don't eat too much though as it is VERY drying to the body(drink lots of water).

No comments:

Post a Comment